Machines with spatial intelligence are becoming more commonplace. High performance robotic solutions are no longer limited to factories and warehouses, but are becoming more and more common in environments such as hospitals, hotels and homes. Autonomous cars are starting to emerge out of the lab and AR/VR headsets are allowing us to overlay the digital world on the real world. As these machines operate in less constrained, more dynamic environments, spatial understanding is essential for reliable operation and intelligent behaviour. There are three levels of spatial understanding required: localisation (position), mapping (map) and semantics (perceive). Using vision as the core sensing modality, all three levels of spatial understanding can be combined to offer full stack spatial Intelligence, providing richer maps, robustness to change and greater adaptability to challenging, dynamic environments.
Who we are:
SLAMcore is a London-based, globally focused startup founded by visual SLAM algorithm pioneers and specialists. Having raised over $20M of VC funding from top investors around the world, we are developing breakthrough spatial intelligence solutions for next generation robots and autonomous machines by harnessing computer vision, sensor fusion and machine learning. Our aim is to greatly reduce the time and cost for companies to deploy advanced robotic solutions whilst delivering performance they could never achieve on their own. Our customers include some of the biggest tech companies on the planet building solutions from vacuum cleaning to warehouse and logistics.
Our vision for this role:
We’re looking for an exceptional self-starting legal professional with an operational mind-set, who will work closely with the CEO and leadership team to facilitate and help define the strategy for commercial negotiations and ensure organisational compliance across all global facets of our business operations. You’ll have a flair for technology and the latest operational software and tools to enable efficiency and consistency in your work. You’ll be a natural leader, problem solver and excellent communicator, able to hold your own in communications with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority. You will be assertive but pragmatic when negotiating with large tech companies, finding the balance between legal ideals and commercial reality.
How you will help:
- Provide in-house counsel on all legal issues and activities including:
- Commercial contract negotiation
- Patent strategy and applications
- General regulatory compliance
- Risk and liability
- Fundraising and due diligence
- Share option and equity-based packages
- Manage relationships with external counsel tightly, outsourcing specific tasks when required.
- Manage relationships with external patent attorneys
- Ensure company-wide legal compliance
- Day to day activities will include drafting and maintaining:
- Commercial terms and conditions both for our customers and suppliers
- Software license and royalty based agreements
- Employment and contractor agreements
- Partnership Agreements
The capabilities we are looking for:
- Qualified solicitor
- Experience working with tech startups
- Super-human attention to detail
- Ability to prepare at least first version of most legal docs
- Skilled commercial negotiator
- An understanding of how to negotiate with large tech companies and ability to adjust to different power dynamics
- A collaborative problem solving attitude to contract negotiation and not just trying to cover all worst case scenarios
Bonus points if you have:
- Robotics, AI or SAAS industry experience
- Experience working with Asian markets (both customers and investors)
Benefits and perks:
- 25 days holiday per year (plus 8 UK public holidays or local equivalent)
- Meaningful equity in a fast growing business
- Remote first company with flexible working hours*
- £1000 annual allowance towards professional and personal development
- Monthly team social events as well as a fully stocked drinks fridge at our HQ in Borough
- £20 allowance per fortnight on your company card for extra lunches/snacks/coffee/socialising
- Your choice of a PC or MacBook for completion of your day to day tasks (technical hires will need hardware that will run Linux)
- £500 to spend on your work from home setup (we’ll cover your peripherals such as screen, keyboard/mouse etc)
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health
- Unlimited private coaching sessions with More Happi to help in your professional or personal life
- Maternal and parental leave policies
- Salary exchange programme to contribute to your pension plan with added tax benefits
Learn more about our culture, mission and values at careers.slamcore.com.
If you are interested in this role, please click apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
* Please note that SLAMcore is operating under a hybrid workplace policy which is predominantly 'remote-first' whilst the Covid-19 pandemic continues. Fully remote candidates will be considered.