Machines with spatial intelligence are becoming more commonplace. High performance robotic solutions are no longer limited to factories and warehouses, but are becoming more and more common in environments such as hospitals, hotels and homes. Autonomous cars are starting to emerge out of the lab and AR/VR headsets are allowing us to overlay the digital world on the real world. As these machines operate in less constrained, more dynamic environments, spatial understanding is essential for reliable operation and intelligent behaviour. There are three levels of spatial understanding required: localisation (position), mapping (map) and semantics (perceive). Using vision as the core sensing modality, all three levels of spatial understanding can be combined to offer full stack spatial Intelligence, providing richer maps, robustness to change and greater adaptability to challenging, dynamic environments.
Who we are:
SLAMcore is a London-based, globally focused startup founded by visual SLAM algorithm pioneers and specialists. Having raised over $20M of VC funding from top investors around the world, we are developing breakthrough spatial intelligence solutions for next generation robots and autonomous machines by harnessing computer vision, sensor fusion and machine learning. Our aim is to greatly reduce the time and cost for companies to deploy advanced robotic solutions whilst delivering performance they could never achieve on their own. Our customers include some of the biggest tech companies on the planet building solutions from vacuum cleaning to warehouse and logistics.
Our vision for this role:
As the Head of Product Management you will be critical to ensure we meet our ambitious aims to be the leading provider of spatial intelligence software for robots and machines.
You will be leading a team responsible for building a deep understanding of our customers’ needs. You will be familiar with the structure and processes necessary for a growing product management team to effectively communicate customer needs.
You will be comfortable in guiding the team to engage with highly technical customers and using the customer inputs to develop prioritised, actionable insights for the technical teams. You will be constantly looking at the top-level company objectives and ensuring the product roadmaps are optimised to help us achieve them.
How you will help:
- Develop, maintain and communicate our product vision and product roadmap aligned to the company strategy
- Lead a team to identifying and understand customer needs and turn them into prioritised insights to guide our technical development
- Establish best practices in product management and ensure the processes and structure of the team is appropriate for the size and life stage of the company
- Define and lead engagement with engineering, sales, and marketing to align internal stakeholders on product release plans
- Build meaningful relationships with key strategic customers
Lead recruitment of new team members
The capabilities we are looking for:
- At least 2 years experience leading a successful product management team
- Experience with B2B software products for edge devices
- Experience recruiting and developing effective product management teams
- Experience structuring, defining and communicating product roadmaps
- Experience developing business models and go to market plans
- Familiarity with embedded hardware & cloud computing
- Familiarity with agile software development processes
- Able to work in a fast-moving, dynamic environment with some levels of uncertainty
- Comfortable leading and engaging in highly technical discussions with customers and internal teams
- Able to set up the framework for, and provide guidance on, the prioritisation of technical work
- Able to work efficiently in the presence of multiple competing priorities
- Able to develop constructive relationships across the company to build consensus and get commitment to deliver what our customers need
- At least BSc in computer science, electronic engineering or similar
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience of autonomous robotics, drones, AR/VR, mobile phone markets
- Experience of consumer and/or industrial supply chains
- Familiarity with positioning and mapping technologies
- Commercial software development experience
- MSc. or Ph.D. in computer vision or robotics
- Experience working with open source software projects
- Management qualifications such as an MBA
Benefits and perks:
- 25 days holiday per year (plus 8 UK public holidays or local equivalent)
- Meaningful equity in a fast growing business
- Remote first company with flexible working hours*
- £1000 annual allowance towards professional and personal development
- Monthly team social events as well as a fully stocked drinks fridge at our HQ in Borough
- £20 allowance per fortnight on your company card for extra lunches/snacks/coffee/socialising
- Your choice of a PC or MacBook for completion of your day to day tasks (technical hires will need hardware that will run Linux)
- £500 to spend on your work from home setup (we’ll cover your peripherals such as screen, keyboard/mouse etc)
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health
- Unlimited private coaching sessions with More Happi to help in your professional or personal life
- Maternal and parental leave policies
- Salary exchange programme to contribute to your pension plan with added tax benefits
Learn more about our culture, mission and values at careers.slamcore.com.
If you are interested in this role, please click apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
* Please note that SLAMcore is operating under a hybrid workplace policy which is predominantly 'remote-first' whilst the Covid-19 pandemic continues. Fully remote candidates will be considered.