Machines with spatial intelligence are becoming more commonplace. High performance robotic solutions are no longer limited to factories and warehouses, but are becoming more and more common in environments such as hospitals, hotels and homes. Autonomous cars are starting to emerge out of the lab and AR/VR headsets are allowing us to overlay the digital world on the real world. As these machines operate in less constrained, more dynamic environments, spatial understanding is essential for reliable operation and intelligent behaviour. There are three levels of spatial understanding required: localisation (position), mapping (map) and semantics (perceive). Using vision as the core sensing modality, all three levels of spatial understanding can be combined to offer full stack spatial Intelligence, providing richer maps, robustness to change and greater adaptability to challenging, dynamic environments.
Who we are:
SLAMcore is a London-based, globally focused startup founded by visual SLAM algorithm pioneers and specialists. Having raised over $30M of VC funding from top investors around the world, we are developing breakthrough spatial intelligence solutions for next generation robots and autonomous machines by harnessing computer vision, sensor fusion and machine learning. Our aim is to greatly reduce the time and cost for companies to deploy advanced robotic solutions whilst delivering performance they could never achieve on their own. Our customers include some of the biggest tech companies on the planet building solutions from vacuum cleaning to warehouse and logistics.
Our vision for this role:
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our team as a DevOps Engineer/Automation Architect. In this role, you will help develop, extend and maintain our infrastructure and tools that allow us to build and release high performing software for spatially aware products such as robotics and AR/VR. We strive to deliver consistent, reliable performance that our customers can truly rely on, therefore you will be working with our team of experts on algorithm design, software engineering and QA, to ensure our developed solutions meet the highest standards in terms of quality, robustness and reliability. This position will expose you to a world of high performance software and sophisticated algorithms in the area of Spatial AI, which brings a broad range of exciting and challenging tasks to work on. You should have a broad software stack, and be flexible and comfortable investigating issues in the code you might not be familiar with. As a suitable candidate for this position you will need to be capable of understanding the full toolchain to produce our software and of working with other engineering teams to develop and improve parts of the toolchain. If you have a solid background in software engineering, are passionate about DevOps, and are familiar with Python and databases, we would love to speak with you.
How you will help:
- Build and set up new development tools and infrastructure
- Maintain and extend the functionality of our CI/CD and build infrastructure
- Automate performance monitoring and evaluation
- Deploying product updates, identifying production issues and monitor performance
The capabilities we are looking for:
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Good programming experience in Python or other programming languages
- Experience with databases and SQL
- Good understanding of the practises involved in containerization e.g. using Docker
- Proficient with git and git workflows
- Very comfortable in working in Linux environment
- Able to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills
Bonus points if you have:
- Previous experience in building C++ applications, e.g. using CMake is a great plus
- Experience in data visualisation is a plus
- Team management experience
Benefits and perks:
- 25 days holiday per year (plus 8 UK public holidays or local equivalent)
- Meaningful equity in a fast growing business
- Remote first company with flexible working hours*
- £1000 annual allowance towards professional and personal development
- Monthly team social events as well as a fully stocked drinks fridge at our HQ in Borough
- £20 allowance per fortnight on your company card for extra lunches/snacks/coffee/socialising
- Your choice of a PC or MacBook for completion of your day to day tasks (technical hires will need hardware that will run Linux)
- £500 to spend on your work from home setup (we’ll cover your peripherals such as screen, keyboard/mouse etc)
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health
- Unlimited private coaching sessions with More Happi to help in your professional or personal life
- Maternal and parental leave policies
- Salary exchange programme to contribute to your pension plan with added tax benefits
Learn more about our culture, mission and values at careers.slamcore.com.
If you are interested in this role, please click apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
* Please note that SLAMcore is operating under a hybrid workplace policy which is predominantly 'remote-first' whilst the Covid-19 pandemic continues. Fully remote candidates will be considered. #LI-DNI