Machines with spatial intelligence are becoming more commonplace. High performance robotic solutions are no longer limited to factories and warehouses, but are becoming more and more common in environments such as hospitals, hotels and homes. Autonomous cars are starting to emerge out of the lab and AR/VR headsets are allowing us to overlay the digital world on the real world. As these machines operate in less constrained, more dynamic environments, spatial understanding is essential for reliable operation and intelligent behaviour. There are three levels of spatial understanding required: localisation (position), mapping (map) and semantics (perceive). Using vision as the core sensing modality, all three levels of spatial understanding can be combined to offer full stack spatial Intelligence, providing richer maps, robustness to change and greater adaptability to challenging, dynamic environments.
Who we are:
SLAMcore is a London-based, globally focused startup founded by visual SLAM algorithm pioneers and specialists. Having raised over $30M of VC funding from top investors around the world, we are developing breakthrough spatial intelligence solutions for next generation robots and autonomous machines by harnessing computer vision, sensor fusion and machine learning. Our aim is to greatly reduce the time and cost for companies to deploy advanced robotic solutions whilst delivering performance they could never achieve on their own. Our customers include some of the biggest tech companies on the planet building solutions from vacuum cleaning to warehouse and logistics.
Our vision for this role:
We are looking for a Python developer with a full-stack software engineer mindset to join our team and help further develop our internal tools as well as our Robotics-as-as-Service (RaaS) platform. In this role, you will be working with experts in software engineering, robotics and product development to extend and maintain our internal and external software tools and platforms, databases as well as visualisation and analytics infrastructure. You will be comfortable pushing our technology to its limits, identifying and resolving issues with our platform and infrastructure. In this role you will have a great degree of flexibility, and a chance to work on a wide range of exciting and challenging problems across high performance software for robotics and AR/VR, online backends, DevOps/internal tools and customer’s end products. This is a phenomenal opportunity to work on challenging software projects and be exposed to the novel technology and trends in the area of computer vision and robot perception.
How you will help:
Further develop and maintain our internal and external online backends
Extend and maintain our customer portal as well as related infrastructure
Develop internal tools to help analyse data
Identify and resolve any security or stability issues
The capabilities we are looking for:
Knowledge of the best software engineering practises (at least 2 years professional experience)
Good knowledge of Python & Django
Experience with databases (e.g. PostgreSQL & InfluxDB)
Experience with Heroku / AWS
Hands on experience in security / deployment procedures
Able to work independently and with minimal supervision
Excellent communication skills
Bonus points if you have:
Experience in design and maintenance of IoT / telemetry platforms
Genuine and demonstrable interest in robotics technology
Demonstrable experience with dashboard/visualisation frameworks
Benefits and perks:
- 25 days holiday per year (plus 8 UK public holidays or local equivalent)
- Meaningful equity in a fast growing business
- Remote first company with flexible working hours*
- £1000 annual allowance towards professional and personal development
- Monthly team social events as well as a fully stocked drinks fridge at our HQ in Borough
- £20 allowance per fortnight on your company card for extra lunches/snacks/coffee/socialising
- Your choice of a PC or MacBook for completion of your day to day tasks (technical hires will need hardware that will run Linux)
- £500 to spend on your work from home setup (we’ll cover your peripherals such as screen, keyboard/mouse etc)
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health
- Unlimited private coaching sessions with More Happi to help in your professional or personal life
- Maternal and parental leave policies
- Salary exchange programme to contribute to your pension plan with added tax benefits
Learn more about our culture, mission and values at careers.slamcore.com.
If you are interested in this role, please click apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
* Please note that SLAMcore is operating under a hybrid workplace policy which is predominantly 'remote-first' whilst the Covid-19 pandemic continues. Fully remote candidates will be considered. #LI-DNI