Machines with spatial intelligence are becoming more commonplace. High performance robotic solutions are no longer limited to factories and warehouses, but are becoming more and more common in environments such as hospitals, hotels and homes. Autonomous cars are starting to emerge out of the lab and AR/VR headsets are allowing us to overlay the digital world on the real world. As these machines operate in less constrained, more dynamic environments, spatial understanding is essential for reliable operation and intelligent behaviour. There are three levels of spatial understanding required: localisation (position), mapping (map) and semantics (perceive). Using vision as the core sensing modality, all three levels of spatial understanding can be combined to offer full stack spatial Intelligence, providing richer maps, robustness to change and greater adaptability to challenging, dynamic environments.
Who we are:
SLAMcore is a London-based, globally focused startup founded by visual SLAM algorithm pioneers and specialists. Having raised over $30M of VC funding from top investors around the world, we are developing breakthrough spatial intelligence solutions for next generation robots and autonomous machines by harnessing computer vision, sensor fusion and machine learning. Our aim is to greatly reduce the time and cost for companies to deploy advanced robotic solutions whilst delivering performance they could never achieve on their own. Our customers include some of the biggest tech companies on the planet building solutions from vacuum cleaning to warehouse and logistics.
Our vision for this role:
Reporting to the CEO and working closely with the leadership team, you will be responsible for leading and growing our sales pipeline. Focusing on targeted, high value opportunities, you will build strong relationships with key decision makers with prospects and partners, and support our business development function in closing commercial opportunities. You will have relevant commercial experience in closing similar deals as well as the technical background to truly understand the nuances of what you are selling. You will manage the funnel with minimal support and be responsible for the administration and operations of your function.
How you will help:
- Manage the full sales pipeline including short, medium and long-term forecasting
- Monitor and communicate the progression of opportunities through the pipeline to internal stakeholders
- Manage a portfolio of potential sales leads ensuring they are engaged in a timely and professional manner
- Successfully close a small number of high value, B2B commercial contracts that are aligned with our overarching strategy
- Set pricing across our product range and define the wider strategy for all pricing decision
- Travel to visit prospective clients globally
The capabilities we are looking for:
- Relevant work experience in a technical, software engineering company selling embedded software licences to large electronics companies
- A strong technical grounding in embedded software
- The ability to identify and close high value technical contracts
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver independently
- Experience of independently delivering high value contracts whilst managing later stages of the customer journey
- Proven track record of closing deals with multi-million dollar lifetime value
- Excellent problem solving skills, analytical skills and data interrogation skills
- Keen ability to break down problems into their core issues, draw conclusions on what to do next and execute solutions with keen attention to detail
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Strong sales funnel skills - Hubspot experience essential
- Strong skills in Google Workspace (Previously G-Suite)
Bonus points if you have:
- A Computer Science qualification
- Experience with localisation and mapping technologies with an understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of existing solutions
- Experience with commercial robotics, drones or AR/VR systems
Benefits and perks:
- 25 days holiday per year (plus 8 UK public holidays or local equivalent)
- Meaningful equity in a fast growing business
- Remote first company with flexible working hours*
- £1000 annual allowance towards professional and personal development
- Monthly team social events as well as a fully stocked drinks fridge at our HQ in Borough
- £20 allowance per fortnight on your company card for extra lunches/snacks/coffee/socialising
- Your choice of a PC or MacBook for completion of your day to day tasks (technical hires will need hardware that will run Linux)
- £500 to spend on your work from home setup (we’ll cover your peripherals such as screen, keyboard/mouse etc)
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health
- Unlimited private coaching sessions with More Happi to help in your professional or personal life
- Maternal and parental leave policies
- Salary exchange programme to contribute to your pension plan with added tax benefits
Learn more about our culture, mission and values at careers.slamcore.com.
If you are interested in this role, please click apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
* Please note that SLAMcore is operating under a hybrid workplace policy which is predominantly 'remote-first' whilst the Covid-19 pandemic continues. Fully remote candidates will be considered. #LI-DNI