Machines with spatial intelligence are becoming more commonplace. High performance robotic solutions are no longer limited to factories and warehouses, but are becoming more and more common in environments such as hospitals, hotels and homes. Autonomous cars are starting to emerge out of the lab and AR/VR headsets are allowing us to overlay the digital world on the real world. As these machines operate in less constrained, more dynamic environments, spatial understanding is essential for reliable operation and intelligent behaviour. There are three levels of spatial understanding required: localisation (position), mapping (map) and semantics (perceive). Using vision as the core sensing modality, all three levels of spatial understanding can be combined to offer full stack spatial Intelligence, providing richer maps, robustness to change and greater adaptability to challenging, dynamic environments.
Who we are:
SLAMcore is a London-based, globally focused startup founded by visual SLAM algorithm pioneers and specialists. Having raised over $30M of VC funding from top investors around the world, we are developing breakthrough spatial intelligence solutions for next generation robots and autonomous machines by harnessing computer vision, sensor fusion and machine learning. Our aim is to greatly reduce the time and cost for companies to deploy advanced robotic solutions whilst delivering performance they could never achieve on their own. Our customers include some of the biggest tech companies on the planet building solutions from vacuum cleaning to warehouse and logistics.
Our vision for this role:
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our team as a Machine Learning Engineer. SLAM is emerging from the research laboratory into real products, but we are only at the beginning of a journey. This technology is evolving into a general Spatial AI capability for intelligent devices, to help them understand and interact with their surroundings. SLAMcore intends to be at the centre of this exciting movement by working on the next generation of spatially intelligent systems that combine deep learning and SLAM. To do this well it is critical that our machine learning features run efficiently alongside our SLAM on edge platforms across a variety of robotics applications.
You will be working with our team of world experts in SLAM, computer vision, machine learning and software engineering to release new spatial intelligence solutions that combine deep learning and SLAM. We are looking for a Machine Learning Software Engineer with experience in shipping ML features, as well as a great understanding of classical machine learning and more recent deep learning methods. This position will expose you to a vast amount of high performance software and sophisticated algorithms in the world of spatial intelligence, which brings a broad range of exciting and challenging tasks to work on.
How you will help:
- Be a key contributor in the implementation and deployment of the machine learning infrastructure of the company
- Drive the efforts of realising cutting-edge ML research into real-world compute vision products
- Design efficient ML architectures for various robotics platforms to support our customers and/or showcase future SW capabilities
The capabilities we are looking for:
- First hand experience of tools used to deploy networks (eg. TensorRT, OpenVino, ONNX, etc.) on edge platforms (eg. Nvidia Jetson series, Qualcomm Snapdragon, etc.)
- Experience with model optimisation techniques (quantization, pruning, etc.)
- Insight into metrics for deploying models on real-time resource constrained platforms
- Proficiency in Python and C++ programming
- Integration of networks in large software stack
- Experience with Linux, git and CMake
- A strong desire to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
Bonus points if you have:
- Previous experience with deep learning applications for scene understanding (object detection, semantic segmentation, instance segmentation)
- Knowledge of computer vision and/or SLAM
- Knowledge of continuous model training for deployment
- Experience in working closely with research teams
- AWS experience for deployment
Benefits and perks:
- 25 days holiday per year (plus 8 UK public holidays or local equivalent)
- Meaningful equity in a fast growing business
- Hybrid first company with flexible working hours
- £1000 annual allowance towards professional and personal development
- Monthly team social events as well as a fully stocked drinks fridge at our HQ in Borough
- £20 allowance per fortnight on your company card for extra lunches/snacks/coffee/socialising
- Your choice of a PC or MacBook for completion of your day to day tasks (technical hires will need hardware that will run Linux)
- £500 to spend on your work from home setup (we’ll cover your peripherals such as screen, keyboard/mouse etc)
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health
- Unlimited private coaching sessions with More Happi to help in your professional or personal life
- Maternal and parental leave policies
- Salary exchange programme to contribute to your pension plan with added tax benefits
Learn more about our culture, mission and values at careers.slamcore.com.
If you are interested in this role, please click apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. #LI-DNI