Machines with spatial intelligence are becoming more commonplace. High performance robotic solutions are no longer limited to factories and warehouses, but are becoming more and more common in environments such as hospitals, hotels and homes. Autonomous cars are starting to emerge out of the lab and AR/VR headsets are allowing us to overlay the digital world on the real world. As these machines operate in less constrained, more dynamic environments, spatial understanding is essential for reliable operation and intelligent behaviour. There are three levels of spatial understanding required: localisation (position), mapping (map) and semantics (perceive). Using vision as the core sensing modality, all three levels of spatial understanding can be combined to offer full stack spatial Intelligence, providing richer maps, robustness to change and greater adaptability to challenging, dynamic environments.
Who we are:
SLAMcore is a London-based, globally focused startup founded by visual SLAM algorithm pioneers and specialists. Having raised over $30M of VC funding from top investors around the world, we are developing breakthrough spatial intelligence solutions for next generation robots and autonomous machines by harnessing computer vision, sensor fusion and machine learning. Our aim is to greatly reduce the time and cost for companies to deploy advanced robotic solutions whilst delivering performance they could never achieve on their own. Our customers include some of the biggest tech companies on the planet building solutions from vacuum cleaning to warehouse and logistics.
Our vision for this role:
We are looking for a passionate project manager to join our product team at an incredibly exciting time at SLAMcore. You will quickly become an important part of the team, working with engineers, researchers and product managers to plan, monitor and execute the projects necessary for the success of SLAMcore. You will be a proactive team player who makes the life of our research and development teams easier by looking down the road to identify issues before they arise. You will be the source of truth when it comes to the status of a project and you will be confident and comfortable reporting on this status to both internal and external stakeholders.
You will be a master of post completion analysis and will work tirelessly to develop an open, honest culture where the team learns from past experience to improve ourselves in the future.
How you will help:
- Work closely with technical and product management teams to ensure project statuses are kept up to date and priorities clearly defined, communicated and understood
- Analyse and support the planning of resource needs to successfully complete projects by facilitating estimation activities
- Schedule and run regular and ad-hoc meetings as necessary
- Ensure project tracking tools are kept accurate and up to date at all times
- Actively work to identify blocking issues and help to remove them
- Provide agile coaching and act as scrum master
- Facilitate external communication of project status amongst key stakeholders
The capabilities we are looking for:
- Demonstrable experience working with technical software development teams
- Experience with agile software development in a commercial environment
- Strong experience of communicating with and management of external customers
- Keen familiarity with setting up and operating Jira
- Relevant qualifications in project management
Bonus points if you have:
- Degree in computer science, engineering or similar discipline
Benefits and perks:
- 25 days holiday per year (plus 8 UK public holidays or local equivalent)
- Meaningful equity in a fast growing business
- Remote first company with flexible working hours
- £1000 annual allowance towards professional and personal development
- Monthly team social events as well as a fully stocked drinks fridge at our HQ in Borough
- £20 allowance per fortnight on your company card for extra lunches/snacks/coffee/socialising
- Your choice of a PC or MacBook for completion of your day to day tasks (technical hires will need hardware that will run Linux)
- £500 to spend on your work from home setup (we’ll cover your peripherals such as screen, keyboard/mouse etc)
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health
- Unlimited private coaching sessions with More Happi to help in your professional or personal life
- Maternal and parental leave policies
- Salary exchange programme to contribute to your pension plan with added tax benefits
Learn more about our culture, mission and values at careers.slamcore.com.
If you are interested in this role, please click apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. #LI-DNI