Machines with spatial intelligence are becoming more commonplace. High performance robotic solutions are no longer limited to factories and warehouses, but are becoming more and more common in environments such as hospitals, hotels and homes. Autonomous cars are starting to emerge out of the lab and AR/VR headsets are allowing us to overlay the digital world on the real world. As these machines operate in less constrained, more dynamic environments, spatial understanding is essential for reliable operation and intelligent behaviour. There are three levels of spatial understanding required: localisation (position), mapping (map) and semantics (perceive). Using vision as the core sensing modality, all three levels of spatial understanding can be combined to offer full stack spatial intelligence, providing richer maps, robustness to change and greater adaptability to challenging, dynamic environments.
Who we are:
SLAMcore is a London-based, globally focused startup founded by visual SLAM algorithm pioneers and specialists. Having raised over $30M of VC funding from top investors around the world, we are developing breakthrough spatial intelligence solutions for next generation robots and autonomous machines by harnessing computer vision, sensor fusion and machine learning. Our aim is to greatly reduce the time and cost for companies to deploy advanced robotic solutions whilst delivering performance they could never achieve on their own. Our customers include some of the biggest tech companies on the planet building solutions from vacuum cleaning to warehouse and logistics.
Our vision for this role:
As a Business Operations Assistant you’ll be reporting to the Head of Operations. Our Operations team mission is to reduce/eliminate the cognitive burden of administrative and operational tasks from SLAMcore’s people, allowing them to focus on building revolutionary technology and getting it into the hands of as many customers as possible. The Operations function at SLAMcore either covers or touches everything in the business that isn’t directly related to the technology we’re building, i.e. People (HR), Finance, Legal & Compliance, Sales & Marketing, Workplace Management and Executive Support. We’re also the primary ambassadors for championing our company culture and values.
After closing a successful Series A funding round earlier this year, we’re transitioning from ‘Start-up’ to ‘Scale-up’ and making several new technical and commercial hires, which means scaling up our Operations team as well. We’re looking for a brilliant, tech-savvy multi-tasker with superior attention to detail, who can help maintain order in the chaos as we navigate and embrace the rapid changes of a growing business.
We're open to both full time and part time applicants, with the part time requirement being at least three days per week.
How you will help:
No two weeks, days, or even hours will be the same, but some examples of the more ‘regular’ things you’ll be doing include:
- File management and administration of customer databases, contracts, proposals, negotiations and billing (via our CRM system)
- Processing and file management of NDAs and customer contracts
- Accounts payable administration (chasing and accurate bookkeeping of invoices/receipts, and the administration of our expense management systems)
- Accounts receivable administration (customer onboarding, quote and invoice issuing, purchase order management)
- Administration and file management of confidential personnel files
- Preparation of employee paperwork including contracts & amendments, performance review forms, reference letters etc.
- Assistance with employee onboarding and offboarding
- Assistance with asset & hardware tracking/bookkeeping
- Diary management and support for CEO and Senior Leadership Team
- Dissemination & filing of inbound correspondence - both physical and digital
- Supporting with both international and domestic travel for staff, including arranging necessary visas and documentation
- Experience using Google applications such as Gmail, Drive, Forms, Sheets, Slides & Docs
- Demonstrable high attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Keen problem solving skills, adaptability, curiosity, and confidence to ‘challenge the norm’
- A professional multi-tasker - you are comfortable spinning lots of plates and organising chaos
- Enormous respect for confidentiality and sensitive information
- Hubspot or other CRM software
- Xero or other accounting software
- Pleo or other expense management software
- TeamTailor or other Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Microsoft Word & Excel
Benefits and perks:
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays (Prorated for part time)
- Meaningful equity in a fast growing business (Full time employees only)
- Private health insurance (Full time, permanent UK-based employees only)
- Enhanced employer pension contributions
- Primarily hybrid first workplace with flexible working hours
- £1000 annual allowance towards professional and personal development
- Monthly team social events as well as a fully stocked drinks fridge at our HQ in Borough
- £20 allowance per fortnight on your company card for extra lunches/snacks/coffee/socialising
- £500 to spend on your work from home setup (we’ll cover your peripherals such as screen, keyboard/mouse etc)
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health
- Unlimited private coaching sessions to help in your professional or personal life
- Enhanced parental leave
- Salary exchange programme to contribute to your pension plan with added tax benefits
Learn more about our culture, mission and values at careers.slamcore.com.
If you are interested in this role, please click apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. #LI-DNI