Lead C++ Software Engineer
We’re looking for a Lead Software Engineer with a passion for working with people, to help us grow and nurture our engineering team and propel us into orbit!
- A chance to work in a fascinating industry. Other companies say they’re cutting edge; we’re literally at the forefront of spatial intelligence and robotics.
- Packed with benefits and perks, including remote working, enhanced employer pension contributions, unlimited private coaching sessions with More Happi, frequent social events, cash to spend on your home setup, and more.
- Help us shape and grow our team of software engineers, and help maximise their potential as well as contribute to our industry leading code.
The top line
With our software engineering team growing rapidly, we’re on the lookout for a Lead C++ Software Engineer to nurture and drive this team forward. This role will involve individual contribution to our code, as well as leading and mentoring other engineers and assisting with project management. This is an amazing opportunity to work on challenging algorithmic and software projects in the area of AR/VR and robot perception, and help craft our core technology as our business grows.
The good stuff
- Ideally, you’ll live within commuting distance of our London HQ, but we get that remote working – on an occasional or permanent basis – is here to stay, and we’re very much a hybrid-first company.
- 25 days’ holiday a year plus 8 UK public holidays (or local equivalent) – plus bonus time off between Christmas and New Year.
- Enhanced employer pension contributions (UK-based employees only)
- Private health insurance (UK-based employees only)
- Meaningful equity in a fast growing business
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous professional and personal development budget, including unlimited private coaching sessions with More Happi.
- Frequent team social events, free weekly team lunches, snacks and a fully stocked drinks fridge at our Borough HQ.
- Your own company card for getting equipment, training, books, snacks, coffee
- £500 to spend on your work from home setup
- Enhanced parental leave
- You will design and develop high-performance software in the areas of computer vision, robotics and AR/VR
- Lead a team of software engineers
- You will work closely with various teams across product verticals
- You will report directly to the VP of Engineering and work with them closely
- A passion for creating clean code specifically in C++, and a love for software design and development
- Be technically hardworking and a highly efficient problem solver
- Have a keen eye for code quality, performance, simplicity and maintainability
- Previous exposure to contributing to software development under Linux
- Demonstrable experience in managing a team of software engineers
- Be comfortable and excited about working in a dynamic, agile startup environment where no two days are the same
- Experience in all of the design stages of a software product
- Experience managing software projects with comprehensive examples
- Experience working within similar industries such as robotics, AR/VR, computer vision, games or high performance computing
- Experience in development on embedded devices and Android
All about us
We’re a London-based startup founded by visual SLAM algorithm pioneers. Having raised over $30M in funding from top investors around the world, we’re developing breakthrough spatial intelligence solutions for next generation robots and autonomous machines. Our customers include some of the biggest tech companies on the planet, working on everything from vacuum cleaning to warehousing and logistics.
There’s loads more info about us on our website. We’d suggest About and Meet the team as your first two stops to learn more about the industry, and what it’s like to work here.
Sound good? If you are interested, just hit Apply Now to get the ball rolling.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. #LI-DNI
- London, England
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Lead C++ Software Engineer
Loading application form
Already working at Slamcore?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.