Director/VP Product (Robotics & RTLS)
If you have a passion for product management and cutting edge technologies, then we want to speak with you. Join us today to help grow Slamcore’s product function, guiding a team and developing a deep understanding of customer needs.
- A chance to work in a fascinating industry. Other companies say they’re cutting edge; we’re literally at the forefront of spatial intelligence and robotics.
- Packed with benefits and perks, including remote working, enhanced employer pension contributions, unlimited private coaching sessions with More Happi, frequent social events, cash to spend on your home setup, and more.
- Leader in a fast paced product function, working closely with some of the biggest names globally to take our products to market.
The top line
As a proven product leader you will be critical in ensuring Slamcore meets our ambitious aims to be the leading provider of spatial intelligence software for robots and machines.
You’ll be responsible for building a deep understanding of our customer’s needs in the autonomous robotics and real-time location service (RTLS) markets. You’re comfortable with contributing directly yourself but also familiar with the structure and processes necessary to nurture and grow a product management team. You’ll engage with highly technical customers around the world, taking customer inputs that will develop into prioritised and actionable insights for technical teams.
With communication at the heart of what you do, you’ll work closely with partners, customers and engineers to ensure needs and requirements are met across the board. As a forward thinker, you’ll be constantly evaluating company objectives and ensuring that the product roadmaps are optimised to help us achieve them.
The good stuff
- Ideally, you’ll live within commuting distance of our London HQ, but we get that remote working – on an occasional or permanent basis – is here to stay, and we’re very much a hybrid-first company.
- 25 days’ holiday a year plus 8 UK public holidays (or local equivalent) – plus bonus time off between Christmas and New Year.
- Enhanced employer pension contributions (UK-based employees only)
- Private health insurance (UK-based employees only)
- Meaningful equity in a fast growing business
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous professional and personal development budget, including unlimited private coaching sessions with More Happi.
- Frequent team social events, free weekly team lunches, snacks and a fully stocked drinks fridge at our Borough HQ.
- Your own company card for getting equipment, training, books, snacks, coffee
- £500 to spend on your work from home setup
- Enhanced parental leave
- Developing, maintaining and communicating our robotics and RTLS product vision and product roadmap(s) aligned to the company strategy
- Building and leading a team to identify and understand customer needs, turning them into prioritised insights that guide our technical development
- Establishing best practices in product management and ensuring the processes and structure of the team are appropriate for the size and life stage of the company
- Defining and leading engagement with engineering, sales and marketing to align internal stakeholders on product release plans
- Building meaningful relationships with key strategic customers around the world
- Leading recruitment for new team members
- Experience building and leading successful product management teams
- Experience with B2B software products for embedded devices
- Experience structuring, defining and communicating complex products
- Experience developing business models and go to market plans
- Understanding of the autonomous robotics ecosystem in industrial and/or consumer markets
- Familiarity with agile software development processes
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, dynamic environment where decisions need to be made without perfect information
- Comfortable leading and engaging in highly technical discussions with customers and internal teams
- Ability to establish the framework for, and provide guidance on, the prioritisation of technical work
- Ability to work efficiently in the presence of competing priorities
- Ability to develop constructive relationships across the company to achieve commitment on delivering customer needs
- At minimum a BSc in computer science, electronic engineering or similar
- Familiarity with the technical principles of computer vision, sensor fusion and SLAM
- Understanding of the real-time location services (RTLS) market
- Experience with cloud deployment
- While not essential it would be a major advantage to have commercial software development experience
- MSc. or Ph.D. in computer vision or robotics
- Management qualifications such as an MBA
All about us
We’re a London-based startup founded by visual SLAM algorithm pioneers. Having raised over $30M in funding from top investors around the world, we’re developing breakthrough spatial intelligence solutions for next generation robots and autonomous machines. Our customers include some of the biggest tech companies on the planet, working on everything from vacuum cleaning to warehousing and logistics.
There’s loads more info about us on our website. We’d suggest About and Meet the team as your first two stops to learn more about the industry, and what it’s like to work here.
Sound good? If you are interested, just hit Apply Now to get the ball rolling.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. #LI-DNI
- London, England
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Director/VP Product (Robotics & RTLS)
Loading application form
Already working at Slamcore?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.